Customised Easyflo Mobile Screw Elevator supplied for pharmaceuticals
Guttridge specialises in the manufacture of bulk material handling machinery for a wide range of industries, in particular, their range of stainless steel machinery is ideal for the pharmaceutical industry.
Following an enquiry from the Wellcome Foundation, Guttridge sent a number of their engineers to meet with company representatives to assess which machines would best suit their needs and requirements.
Following successful trials at the customer's factories the following machinery was supplied:
- Stainless steel Easyflo 100 with reduced size hopper to fit under a Vibratory Sieve.
- Standard Easyflo 100 manufactured fully in stainless steel with variable speed drive.
- Special Multiflo with integral hopper and sack table.
The machines will convey a range of powders, such as Penicillin and Paracetamol, many of which have poor flow characteristics. The machines are located in different factories and perform different tasks. They are fed in various ways - by hand from 25kg bags, from a grinding mill and in turn feed reactors/cone mixer and tablet press.
- Improved safety for operators as product no longer has to be lifted manually to recharge the auger filler hopper.
- Ease of strip down for maintenance and cleaning between batches - the machine features the unique Guttridge system of slip-fit screw connections and robust easy-release tube clamps.
- Visually attractive machinery to impress visitors.
- Stainless steel construction throughout for pharmaceutical quality.
With a foundation of 50 years of experience, Guttridge is a flourishing company, globally respected for delivering well-engineered, reliable materials handling solutions that continue to anticipate dramatically changing industrial needs.