Bulk material handling giants come together in major acquisition.
Tuesday 16 April, 2019
BULK material handling company, Mitchells Group has acquired Lincolnshire-based Guttridge in deal which further cements the company’s global presence.
Privately owned Mitchells is one of the world’s largest bulk material handling manufacturers, supplying specialist conveying solutions and handling equipment to agri-food companies worldwide.
The deal will see the combined revenue of both companies surpass $30 million.
The acquisition vastly increases Mitchells scope and engineering capacity which already sees the Group service customers in six of the world’s seven continents, with equipment installed in 46 countries.
The deal will expand the breadth of Mitchells Group’s service offering, allowing it to supply small capacity systems to local farmland through to large commercial port terminals.
Established in 1962 and employing 100 people, Guttridge will retain its name and continue to trade as part of the Mitchells Group.
Commenting on the acquisition, Mitchells Group CEO, Mic Mittasch, said:
“The acquisition of Guttridge is a significant milestone in the continued growth of Mitchells and our forever expanding bulk handling capacities.
“As a Group, we are now in a stronger position globally to offer our customers a much wider scope and range of products, particularly for projects requiring smaller capacities which is in growing demand in developing economies which is a strong focus of the Group.
“The synergy of both companies, more than anything, made the acquisition most attractive. With our current and future customers in mind, we see the deal as a giant step to support even more customers in expanding territories and cater to more industries – specifically biomass, waste, recycling, chemicals and minerals.
“We look forward to the beginning of a strong and successful relationship with Guttridge and its employees.”
In 13 years of Australian ownership, Mitchells has grown from a small original equipment manufacturer in China, supplying solutions to customers in Asia and North America, to a leading global brand supplying material handling equipment to the world’s largest agri-food companies.
Peter Guttridge, Chairman at Guttridge said:
“We are delighted with the acquisition and joining Mitchells Group marks a culmination of 50 years of hard-work and continued high-quality design and build of bespoke handling solutions.
“The deal will allow us to support both new and existing customers with a greater range and scope of products and materials, ensuring we provide the highest quality to meet their needs.
“The high-level of skilled engineers and technicians in global locations at both companies compliment each other and by working together we can further establish our global presence and become true leaders in our field.
“The future looks incredibly bright and we’re looking forward to a prosperous and successful relationship with Mitchells.”
Operating in 46 countries, across six continents, Mitchells Group is one of the world’s largest bulk material handling companies, designing and manufacturing bespoke solutions to support a vast range dry material handling needs.
About Mitchells Group
· Mitchell Mill Systems Canada (MMS Canada) founded by Paul Mitchells in 1978.
· Mitchell Mill Systems Canada established a manufacturing base in China in 1998.
· Mitchells Group (Mitchells Holdings Asia – MHA) purchased Mitchells Mill Systems (SanHe) Co. Ltd in 2006.
· After 15+ years of manufacturing in Yanjiao, China Mitchells opened a new 13,000+ m2 Engineering & manufacturing centre in Nanjing, China and 2018
· Under private Australian ownership since 2006
· Mitchells is one of the world’s largest bulk material handling companies.
· Mitchells designs and manufactures high-quality and specialised conveying and bulk materials handling equipment.
· Employs 125 people with offices in Europe, Singapore and China
· Equipment installed in 46 countries, servicing the grain handling and storage sector along with oilseed processing, food processing and the animal, aqua and pet feeding industry
· Founded in 1962, Guttridge manufactures and designs bespoke bulk handling equipment, servicing the grain storage and processing industry along with Industrial applications, food and chemical processing and Laserfab. (Laserfab serves customers with requirements for high quality CNC Laser cutting, bending and fabricated components to a variety of sectors including farm machinery, commercial trailers, road vehicles, dust filtration systems, water treatment equipment and general industrial equipment).
· Based in Spalding, Lincolnshire Guttridge employs 100 people and supplies bulk handling equipment and solutions to a wide range of European and global companies.
· Guttridge supplies single machines through to fully integrated handling solutions, manufacturing in both stainless steel and mild steel
· In 2004, Guttridge acquired Carier. The Carier range of equipment is aimed primarily at the commercial grain store and small to large farm markets where the requirement is for intensive use during the harvest period and lighter duty use throughout the remainder of the year. Carier conveyors and ancillary equipment are supplied in a galvanised finish and offer throughputs from 20tph to 100tph
With a foundation of 50 years of experience, Guttridge is a flourishing company, globally respected for delivering well-engineered, reliable materials handling solutions that continue to anticipate dramatically changing industrial needs.