Screw Conveyors - a Guttridge speciality
Wednesday 11 December, 2013
Screw conveyors are a speciality of Guttridge. With a history of over 50 years of the design and manufacture of bulk materials handling machinery and a standard screw conveying machinery range of over 14 different machines, Guttridge are the company to turn to for most screw conveying requirements.
Our standard machines include:
• U-Trough Screw Conveyors
• Centreless Screw Conveyors
• Tubular Screw Conveyors
• Carier Tubular Screw AugerS
• Silo Sweep Augers
• Screw bin dischargers
See the screw conveyors/dischargers page for further information
And, in the food grade, hygienic stainless steel range:
• Augaflo Screw Feeder
• Bulkflo Mobile Screw Conveyor
• Eastflo Mobile Screw Conveyor
• Sieveflo Mobile Screw Conveyor
• Multiflo Tubular Screw Conveyor
• Troughflo Screw Conveyor
• Flexible Screw Conveyor
• Metering Screw Feeder
See the food grade hygienic pages for further information
The majority of our customers have requirements that are completely unique meaning that many of the standard machines we have historically designed and manufactured required moderations and very specific features exclusive to each application. Our history of always supplying our customers with the solution they require has enabled us to accumulate a detailed understanding of the engineering principles and techniques involved in the design of machines for a diverse range of materials. Using this in-house knowledge base, and our state-of-the-art powder tester and test plant, we are able to interpret results and more reliably predict how a material will behave. We are therefore able to provide a bespoke solution to optimise material flow and provide a screw conveyor with the precise features that will successfully complete the task required.
With the relatively new industries of waste recycling and unusual forms of biomass for power generation, this unique knowledge and experience has proved invaluable to many customers, enabling us to provide right first time solutions to their conveying requirements. Guttridge are also renowned for our exemplary aftersales service and support.
Industries to which appropriate screw conveyors are regularly supplied include:
- Animal feed and pet food – grain and other various complete feeds and ingredients
- Biomass – wood chips, pellets, straw, miscanthus,
- Food and fine chemicals – ingredients, complete food flakes, powders and granules
- Brewing and malting – predominantly grain and grain by-products
- Chemicals and fertilisers – various abrasive, dusty, corrosive and friable materials
- Grain storage and Handling – wheat, oil seeds, barley, beans, peas
- Minerals, Sand, Cement - limestone, asphalt, other aggregates
- Pharmaceutical – tablets, capsules, powders, ingredients
- Sugar – both refined and unprocessed raw material
- Waste, Recycling and Waste Water – food waste, household waste, industrial byproducts and sludges
Please see the individual industry pages for further information.
With a foundation of 50 years of experience, Guttridge is a flourishing company, globally respected for delivering well-engineered, reliable materials handling solutions that continue to anticipate dramatically changing industrial needs.