At Guttridge Ltd, we collect and process information about individuals (personal data) for business purposes, including employment and HR administration, provision of our services, marketing and business administration. This includes personal data relating to our staff, customers, suppliers and other third parties.
Frequently used terms in this policy
Personal data means data kept electronically or in a structured paper file and relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information in our possession). Personal data can be factual or it can be an opinion or statement of intention in relation to the individual.
Processing is any activity that involves use of the data. It includes obtaining, recording or holding the data, or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the data including organising, amending, retrieving, using, disclosing, erasing or destroying it. Processing also includes transferring personal data to third parties.
Data protection compliance
We will process personal data to comply with the eight principles of good practice. These provide that personal data must be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully and in a transparent manner
- Processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and in an appropriate way
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for your legitimate purpose
- Accurate, and where necessary up to date
- Not kept longer than necessary for the purpose
- Processed in line with data subjects' rights
- Not transferred to people or organisations situated in countries without adequate protection
We will keep the personal data we hold about you accurate and up to date. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy or amend inaccurate or out-of-date data. Please notify us if your personal details change or if you become aware of any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you.
We will not keep personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which they were collected. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all data which is no longer required in line with our retention policies and as outlined in the privacy notices.
Processing in line with your rights
We will process personal data in line with your rights, in particular your right to:
- Request access to personal data we hold about you, together with how and why we process it.
- Object to the processing of your data for direct-marketing purposes, or where we rely on legitimate interest only
- Ask to have inaccurate data amended
- Ask for you consent to be withdrawn
- Request that personal data is removed or deleted if there is not good reason to continue to process it or where the objection for use of direct marketing has occurred
- Restrict the processing to ensure the accuracy
- Data portability
- Object to any decision that significantly affects you being taken solely by a computer or other automated process.
We are required to comply with these rights without undue delay and, in respect of certain rights, within a one month timeframe.
We will take appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
We will put in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction.
We will maintain data security by protecting the confidentiality, integrity, resilience and availability (for authorised purposes) of the personal data.
Any breaches or loss of personal data are reportable to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
We regularly evaluate and test the effectiveness of these measures to ensure the security of our personal data processing activities.
With a foundation of 50 years of experience, Guttridge is a flourishing company, globally respected for delivering well-engineered, reliable materials handling solutions that continue to anticipate dramatically changing industrial needs.